Sunday, January 31, 2010

MAN DOWN

Lauren and I with our front row Booth
We have had plans for about a week now to go see one of Greenville's local bands, Parmalee play here in town with a couple of friends. Since the weather was not cooperating, we had to all load up in Jeremy's buddies Jeep and car pool to the place as a team. Unfortunately, after taking 45 minutes to gather the troops and get across town in the ice, we found out that the place was closing and the band had been rescheduled. So-instead- we headed to a restuarant downtown for the boys to watch some sports and Lauren and I to entertain ourselves. Basically-we set up shop in a window booth that gave us a perfect view of the people fighting the ice outside. Now, I know most of you are thinking-"that's terrible- watching people fall down for entertainment" BUT since I was the first member of the team to become "Man Down" I felt that we were good to go. AND for the most part, Lauren and I learned that it was the "ice dance" that entertained us the most. Needless to say, my ribs hurt from watching people run across the roads (that had been cleaned off) and jump over the snow pushed to the curb to find a patch of black ice on the corner of the side walk. Good news is - No one got hurt and most people were up laughing within seconds of falling.

The thing that did not entertain us last night, were the girls not getting the memo that it was 20 degress outside and iced over. I saw more girls in stilettos and mini dresses than I have ever seen in my life. Several things were wrong with this picture. A. Ice, B. Scarfs as dresses or skirts are inappropriate, anc C. ICE!

Waiting

James is demonstrating the Key to Walking in the Ice- Walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment