Monday, February 1, 2010

Taco Soup and Paula Deen

I made my first batch of Taco Soup for dinner last night and it was AMAZING. I shared the pot of deliciousness with Lauren, Zack (my brother), and Jeremy and they too approved. We had plenty to eat last night, packed some for lunch today, and then froze some for later.
The recipe I used is from my all time favorite chef- Paula Deen. For those that do not know, I heart Paula. She makes some amazing southern dishes and nothing's better than seeing her take a big ole' bite of her food on her show. You can tell she truely loves all the things she cooks! I am even planning my wedding reception around several of her recipes and using some decor ideas from her son's wedding that I saw in her magazine.

The recipe I used last night was off the Food Network Channel and I recommend that everyone try it at least once if not many times!!

Ingredients:
Jalapenos (optional)
Grated cheese (must have)
Sour cream (must have)
Corn chips (must have)

1 1-ounce package ranch salad dressing mix
1 1 1/4-ounce package taco seasoning
2 4 1/2-ounce cans diced green chilies
1 14 1/2-ounce can tomatoes with chilies
1 14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes
1 14 1/2-ounce can mexican tomatoes
1 15 1/4-ounce can whole kernal corn
1 15 1/2-ounce cans pink kidney beans
2 15-1/2 ounce cans pinto beans
2 cup diced onions
2 lb ground beef


Directions
Brown the ground beef and onions in a large skillet; drain the excess fat, then transfer the browned beef and onions to a large crackpot or a stockpot. Add the cans (juice and all) of beans, corn, green onions, tomatoes, chilies, olives, and seasonings, and cook on low setting all day (6 to 8 hours) if using a crockpot, or simmer over low heat for about 1 hour in a stockpot on the stove. To serve, place a few corn chips in each bowl and ladle soup over them. Top with sour cream, cheese, and jalapenos.

No comments:

Post a Comment