Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Mom - Miss Anne

My mother- also known to many as- Miss Anne is one of a kind. She possesses many of the characteristics of the woman that I thrive to become. She is caring, nuturing, strong willed, selfless, and loving. She is creative, trendy, giving, serving, and considerate. She is hard working, funny, protective of others (especially her children), thoughtful, organized, and beautiful...and these are only a few!




Growing up I can remember my mother being at every PTA meeting, dance recital/competiton, soccer game, cheerleading event, band performance/parade, pageant appearance, basketball/softball/volleyball game, art exhibition, etc. events- and those were just mine. The list continues when you add in all the things my brother was involved in. Since leaving home after high school- my mother was the first to have groceries ready waiting on me, always had open ears to listen when I was stressed out, still at all dance performances, always willing to pack to bag to head to Greenville/Raleigh if I needed her- and the first to cry when I pulled out of the driveway to head back to school. Now she's first in line to help me plan my wedding, head interior decorator to my home, available to give advice on me growing and changing, still packs her bags to come visit and to come to hear me sing in church and still crying when I leave to go back. She's done all of this- while still juggling a full time job, being an awesome wife (according to my Dad), going each weekend to our grandparents in Burlington to assist with my grandmother, keeping a beautiful home cleaned and decorated to the T, being a great cook, and still the most put together woman I know.


She has touched the lives of many through her work at the Whiteville United Methodist Preschool, Body Beautiful, and now at Shoreland Nursing Facility. In my eyes-these people don't even half way understood the blessing from God they have recieved by having my mom in their lives.

I don't know how many times I have told my mother that I love her and that I am so thankful for all the things that she has done, taught, and contineus to do for/teach me. But I do know that each night I thank God for providing me with a mother that exemplifies what a mother should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment