Tuesday, February 2, 2010

To My Papa in Heaven


I was blessed for 26 years of my life to have all my grandparents. I can not believe it has been a year since my PaPa Bill passed away. This time last year, I was going along with all my day to day life things when I got a call from my parents on Tuesday, February 3, 2009 morning telling me that my grandpa- Bill Maultsby had passed. Tears were shead from the hurt, laughs were made from the memories, and I learned for the first time what it meant to loose someone important in my life. I am so thankful for all the time I had with my grandpa and even more thankful that when it was his time-he went so peaceful. Not many people can say that they go to go just the way they wanted to. I still cry at times because I miss him, I miss hearing his deep calm voice, hearning him yell PHYLLIS! to my grandmother when he either wanted something or felt she was talking too much, getting that great big hug with his long arms and large hands wrapped around you; but I smile more than I cry because I know that he is in heaven with Jesus. He had the best seat in the house with my great grandmother Mary and his brother watching the Tarheels win the championship this past year. And he will be there when it is my time to reunite with all those who leave before me. I love my grandpa- and I miss him but I am so happy for him. I am happy that he lived a good life, touched the lives of many, and his memory will live on.


No comments:

Post a Comment